Monday, August 29, 2005

Blogging can be a disadvantage... especially if you have a political opinion.


Support among bloggers for Oregon State Senator Jason Atkinson is increasing and I must say that the more that I research him, the more that I like him.

His record shows where he stands on the issues and the last thing that Oregon needs again is another swinging door politician who promises anything and everything to get elected then once there, only works on their own agenda and are no longer respondent to the people that put them there.

I have been a lifelong Oregonian living in Lane County since 1963 and I have watched my beloved state go into the toilet and I have seriously considered leaving the state after I complete my degree.

We need change, we need somebody that will be a true REPRESENTATIVE to the people and we need to get Oregon back to being Oregon again.

Last week, I was interviewing for a volunteer position at the college and I brought up the fact that I was blogging as a way to practice my writing skills and they went to my blog site. The person that I was speaking with who will remain nameless at this point, said, "you are actively supporting a politician, we have never had to deal with this issue before and I am not sure how to handle this one." Handle this one?

I will admit that I was caught off guard and shocked at the bias of between what I do in my own time should have any to do with a volunteer position. I am smart enough to know when to separate my personal feelings from business.

For example, I know not to mention illegal immigration to anybody at the college; it just does not fly there.

I wasn't going to say anything, however the more I thought about this over the weekend, the more it bothered me.

I am proud to be one of the now seven bloggers that are supporting Atkinson!
Along with, Daniel, Brian B of Memento Moron, NW Republican, Bob at Eugene Rant, Gullyborg, Sailor at Do or Die"

No comments: