Friday, November 26, 2010

Got into an accident in the recent ice and snow on I-105 or I-126...

Robin's commentary

If you have driven between Eugene and Springfield on I-105 or I-126 anytime during the last year you would notice that the condition of the roadway is in really bad shape with a combination of micro-trenches and potholes.

Instead of properly repaving the freeway, the road has been "patched" only where the tires would hit the road, leaving this little roller coaster rocking back and forth roadway similar to a carnival ride.

While this is a money-saving half-assed effort and would suffice as a temporary repair when road conditions are favorable, however, during icy conditions where your car will slide easily into a ditch given any excuse, it did not surprise me at all when we had that freeze the other day that there is a line of cars and lots of accidents on this roadway.

So in my opinion, (if it is even possible) anyone who had an accident on I-105 or I-126 should sue the state of Oregon who is responsible for maintaining the interstates for the damages to your vehicle or at the very least, a complaint should be filed.

The money for the roadway repair comes out of our tax dollars and road taxes, and by doing the repairs cheaply only cost more in the long run.

Just my opinion... and I could be wrong.

No comments: