Sunday, April 24, 2011

Eugene police officer Chris Kilcullen -- Memorial at 52nd Street hwy 126

Register Guard --

I'm going to do this blog segment a little different than previous ones without regurgitating what happened. If you'd like to read more details about this, please refer to the link above.

What I wanted to say is that I stopped by the roadside memorial located at 52nd Street and Highway 126 and I must say that I am very impressed and proud of the support from our community regarding this tragedy.

During the 15 minutes that I was there, at least 10 people have stopped by to pay their respects and had the opportunity to speak with a few of them, including one who lived nearby.

in honor of Officer Chris Kilcullen tragic death, I am proposing that there should be a permanent memorial placed at this location in remembrance of officer Chris Kilcullen's dedication to his duty and his services to the community.

Below are some of the pictures that I took of the tributes that people have left honoring officer Chris Kilcullen.

Officer Chris Kilcullen, thank you for your service to our community.





No comments: