Sunday, November 13, 2005

What other countries have failed to do in the past, Mexico has done. THE SUCCESSFUL INVASION OF THE UNITED STATES!
When I saw this headline, I about fell out of my chair in disbelief!
STUDENTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO TAKE SPANISH!

WHAT?!?
nbc-2
LEE COUNTY— under a proposal in Tallahassee, a state's top Democrat is supporting a plan to make Spanish class is mandatory for all students in kindergarten through second grade, just like English or math.
"I frankly believe, the earlier you teach someone, the better it is," said George Muentes, an English as a second language teacher. then how about teaching ENGLISH to Spanish speaking children???
The law would make Spanish a CORE CLASS like math and science. It would force school officials to shuffle an already crowded schedule." The length of the school day would not change, but the Spanish would have to be squeezed in somewhere, which means that popular classes may have to be cut to make room.
If the bill passes, it will take effect until 2007. But the mandatory Spanish classes is already a controversial subject was some parents. NO KIDDING!!
"I've heard it the other way that English was the language here... on the other hand, there's a lot of Spanish people here. No, it does not surprise me. I just don't like it," said parent Ed Barrick. you just don't like it? Wake up and smell the coffee.
"It's a good idea to offer Spanish. But I don't know if we want to mandated, frankly." Said Florida Attorney General Charlie Crist
The idea may be controversial, but it may not be too long before bilingual books become standard for local students.

The point is people, WE HAVE BEEN INVADED!!! [Oh Robin, you are always exaggerating] really? Look at the evidence.
Definition of an invasion is... "The dramatic increase in the number of individuals in a non-native population, accompanied by an expansion of range." Source: www.wsg.washington.edu/pubs/bioinvasions/bioinvasions15.html
The definition of surrender is... "relinquish possession or control over ... relinquish to the power of another; yield to the control of another" source: wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
And finally, the definition of treason is "In law, treason is the crime of disloyalty to one's nation. A person who betrays the nation of their citizenship and/or reneges on an oath of loyalty and in some way willfully cooperates with an enemy, is considered to be a traitor. Oran's Dictionary of the Law (1983) defines treason as: "...[a]...citizen's actions to help a foreign government overthrow, make war against, or seriously injure the [parent nation]." Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason
This is exactly what we have done. We are surrendering our country to invading forces when we turn our back to the problem.
I thought it was very interesting in the article that they did not mention who is sponsoring the bill.
My question is, the way things are going in Oregon, what is to prevent it from happening here. What is to prevent it from happening in other states?
As I've said before, I have no objections to learning a second language. However, I WANT THE CHOICE OF WHICH LANGUAGE THAT IS!
Moreover, when they start telling us that our children are going to be FORCED and that it will be MANDATORY for them to learn a second language, then we have lost our country.
Now don't go and tell me that same old story of "we need to learn a second language because of the increased population of the Hispanic people" and "United States is a melting pot".
Yes, the United States is a melting pot of different cultures speaking a common language. And that language is English! Not Russian, not Japanese, not Spanish.
I agree that it is really great that we all embrace our diverse cultures. Nevertheless, to function in a country you must speak the common language not the other way around.
The facts are this...
Come here illegally, you are a felon. No questions asked. You're in violation of federal immigration laws and that makes you a criminal regardless of the reason.
Support a criminal, and you are technically aiding and abetting which then makes you a criminal as well .
Force the legal citizens of the United States to change their cultures to accommodate another, is treason.
So, tell me than how forcing our children to speak Spanish, the California gun-control bill and others are not treasonous acts against the United States.
I strongly believe that anybody in public office who openly and willfully supports another nation over our own [which is also a violation of their ethics code] should be tossed out of office and tried for treason.
Harsh words I know, but this political correctness that we all have been subject to, is no different than waving the white flag.
We have lost our own culture, Christmas for example and replaced it with somebody else's.
Prove me wrong!

5 comments:

Daniel said...

Absolutely outrageous. This absurdity needs to be fought at all levels including school boards. I will not allow my children to be forced to learn Spanish.

Robin said...

I agree 100%. When is this madness going to stop.

I am just floored that somebody would even suggest to force our kids to speak another language and a language of not our choosing.

what do we have to do to get our government to take this problem seriously.

We hear about tight security for homeland security but yet, we refuse to patrol our borders because it would detour people that are trying to come here for a better life.

but at the same time, we are sacrificing our people. I wish somebody can really explain this to me, because I just don't get it.

MAX Redline said...

George Muentes. Gee, what a surprise!

I wasn't forced to take Spanish back when I was in school, but I took it anyway. I even still remember some of it:

Vaya con carne, for example, which I believe means "Go with meat".

And then, there's the always-popular greeting, Buenas cuiderno! Which means, "Good notebook!"

I love pissing off illegals....

The Cheezer said...

hable inglés o consiga el infierno del país

Anonymous said...

Hmmm ... having taken several years of Spanish, I might be a bit biased, but here goes (as I sit here at 11:58p and think I've *got* to get to bed!) ... I fully believe that American English should be the official language of our country and that all immigrants should be required to learn it and master it in a given space of time if they want to get citizenship. There should be no reason to have to print multiple versions of voter pamphlets and ballots (not to mention signs, etc.) because people are too lazy to learn the language of the land.

That said, I think it's important for people to learn more than one language (one of the *very few* things I think they do right in Europe). Because there are so many immigrants (legal and illegal) from Spanish-speaking countries (and because both German and French make people sound like they're choking on cheese or trying to rid their throats of phlegm) it's logical that Spanish is a natural for a second language in most of the US.

However, rather than oust art, music & PE (as has been done in so much of Oregon and other parts of the US), I think the school systems need to quit giving so many guaranteed percs to administrators and the PERS-style retirement programs for education employees and open up the school day to accommodate the addition. There's way too much class-time cutting as it is ... heck, at Willamette High School there are only five weeks left in the year when the students will have a full week of classes. The rest of the weeks will have late starts, early dismissals, inservice days, or parent-teacher conference days ... so much for quality education, huh?

Oh, and for the record, one of my favorite Spanish phrases is: "Me gusta bailar en el bano con queso", which means "I like to dance in the bathroom with cheese". - FMIL