Thursday, November 10, 2005

Meeting with Jason Atkinson


I was very honored to have the opportunity today for the first time to meet Jason Atkinson in person along with a few other bloggers in my area and I must say that I was very impressed with him.

In my opinion, I will definitely say that he is not like the typical politician that we hear about all the time e.g. sleepy Ted and the other minions that are in office.

I thought he was very open and honest with his answers.

Gully from Resistance is futile! wrote an excellent article about our meeting and I invite you to check it out at this Link

I will be the first to admit that I have been disillusioned with politics. I feel the way a lot of people feel...

"My vote does not count for anything,why bother?" Measure 37 is a good example.

"Why waste my time? I could care less who is the head of the library, why don't we get something worthwhile to vote on for change? "

One thing I would tell you especially after today's meeting, that this is not the same old same old politician that we are so used to. I kind of relate him to Ross Perot, as somebody who in my opinion, is not going to be business as usual.

I will be the first to admit that like many people, in the past I had voted for the lesser of two evils. Normally, the people that we have a choice of are somebody who are independently wealthy or are lawyers or independently wealthy lawyers or people are just totally self-serving.
They promises us anything that they think we want to hear to get into office, and then once they are there, we're no longer important as the people unless they need our vote and support again.

I do not believe this will be the case with Jason Atkinson.

so if you have not checked out Jason Atkinson then I invite you to seriously do so.

3 comments:

JustaDog said...

I wish I could have met him and talked with him. Coming across in a fresh way and not politics-as-usual is very important.


BTW, whoever has the Atkinson blogroll please set your preferences to open in a new window! (target = "_blank")

Anonymous said...

or... you could right-click and choose "open in a new window"

Geoff said...

Man, I wish I could have been there to meet you guys and and the senator. What an honor, hope it will happen again sometime. What was discussed?