Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I got to meet an ICE agent

I was riding on Amtrak last week, and during the trip we were at a maintenance stop when a guy dress in military attire came aboard the train, identified himself as an immigrations agent and asked the passengers if they were legally in this country.

Then it became my turn. I nodded my head yes, and the officer replied that I had to "say out loud" that I was in the country legally.

I told him that I was and he seemed satisfied and went to the next passenger.

I am glad that they decided to ask these questions during the daytime… I could imagine that being woke up and seeing someone armed and in army fatigues would be kind of scary.

3 comments:

Bobkatt said...

I'm sure it's a typo but did you really have to "say out loud" that I was in the country illegally?
The way the schizophrenic government approaches the subject of illegal immigration I wouldn't be too surprised if you had to be an illegal to use AMTRAK.

Robin said...

yup, it was a typo :-o

thanks BK

Bobkatt said...

They are following the "Totalitarian" handbook page by page.
First create the problem- open borders, overcrowding, forced cultural clashes, increased dependence on the government.
Second- offer the solution that they want- Increased police state, constant surveillance, internment camps, the U. S. military on U.S. soil to manage "civil unrest".etc.
While I would encourage any effort to remove illegals from this country, I would start with the most logical and cost effective way such as denying them any benefits that belong to American citizens including education, health care, legal care, etc. The first step to solving the problem would be to revisit the 14th amendment and fix it so that children born here are not citizens if their parents are not both legal citizens. It wouldn't cost a thing except a whole generation of Democratic voters.