Tuesday, January 31, 2006

"I am hoping seriously that we consider separating blacks from whites because it's not working....."

San Francisco Sentinel

District 10 supervisor candidate Charlie Walker yesterday called for creation of a separate San Francisco school system for African Americans. I

"I am hoping seriously that we consider separating blacks from whites because it's not working," Walker reflected.
"What good did it do us to demonstrate to get our freedom when we didn't get nothing out of it.
"The women, the gays, the Asians, the Latinos - they got it and we're still sitting around here. In San Francisco alone, 42% of our people are unemployed.
a lot of people are unemployed and that has nothing to do with skin color

"So what do you do when, in 1860, ninety-eight percent of our people worked for white people and in 2001 - guess what - ninety-eight percent of our people still work for white folks.

Simple… Get off your lazy Ass and quit whining.

I'm not denying that in the 21st century that prejudiced no longer exists. There are some people still around that I believe if you're not like me, you're nothing. But to make comments like "I don't think America has really comes to grips with the crime of slavery." That was a horrible time in US history, but that was then and this is now. MOST of those people are long gone. They're dead. Quit trying to bring them back!

I am 25% Native American, female and overweight. Yet I worked in a mans world as a technician and put up with the old boys network and many times had to be better then they were.
Was it fair? No! However, I did that for me, not to impress them or to try to be their equal.

Separating the races or the sexes, I do not feel it is a good idea. This creates an "us versus them" attitude in my opinion that is dangerous. When you start thinking about people as "them" instead of "we", then separatism and hatred take root.

The first step to making things better is to stop your whining and your "poor me" attitude.

Thank to Larslarson.com for the story tip

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is unfortunate that someone this ignorant can run for office. Seperate but equal was ruled illegal years ago. As far as 98% of blacks working for white people, so what, buy a business, hire some black people if you want, it's America, do what you want.
The only slavery in this country today is in the minds of these victicrat oh poor me, whitey is keeping me down, Bush hates black people attitudes. Poor Kenya West persecuted like Jesus. Maybe we can have a telethon for these poor rich celebrities. Makes me want to puke.

Anonymous said...

This is the best online Business Offer I have come across Bar None! Your success Is Guaranteed !

Anonymous said...

http://lumerkoz.edu So where it to find, http://rc8forum.com/members/Buy-Zithromax.aspx nonpublic refected http://soundcloud.com/avodart oxley karl http://www.lovespeaks.org/profiles/blogs/buy-valtrex sportsfield christos http://rc8forum.com/members/Buy-Zofran.aspx cagesshelter reputations http://www.comicspace.com/buspar/ leinster yearyou