Saturday, November 20, 2010

ODOT' S Camera fetish

Robin's commentary

Okay, to be honest with you, I'm not 100% sure that what's going on is actually a representative of the Oregon Department of Transportation, but what has been going on has been extremely weird.

So far, this is happened to me twice.

As most of you know who know me, I've had to take into driving a semi truck because the economy is so bad in Lane County there are not any jobs that I can find for an industrial technician.

Anyway, several weeks ago traveling on 28th Street in Springfield I come up to the stop light at 28th and Olympic on the truck route. I'm driving a three axle semi truck pulling a 28 foot trailer. When the light changes, two gentlemen standing on the street corner both are displaying badges on their chest, one of them pulls out a Camera and takes my picture. okay, that is kind of weird. I'm not doing anything wrong that I know of and I didn't see him take pictures of anybody else.

anyway I did not give it much more thought until Last week, (driving the same vehicle) I'm eastbound on 126 from Veneta going by Perkins Peninsula through a work zone, and just as I'm coming out of the work zone standing next to one of the flaggers, who I think was the same guy in Springfield, pulled out of Camera and took a picture of me again.

why?

I went through the work zone at 25 miles an hour, so I'm not speeding.

I mean what's going on? This guy has some fetish for female truck drivers?

I'm wondering if anybody else had any similar experience.

No comments: