Thursday, November 04, 2010

blogspot Spam control

Robin's commentary

Not too long ago, blogspot (owned by Google and hosting of this blog)started their anti-spam moderation program called "automatic spam detection for comments."

Great idea except the it is still in the "fine-tuning stage" which requires your host (me) to periodically go into the settings portion of the blog and confirm that a post did not get tagged as spam.

If your comment did not immediately appear after you posted, please post an additional note in the comments section as I do read all comments that your post failed to appear and I will confirm whether or not it was tagged by blogspot as spam.

I do apologize to those people who have commented on this site whose post have not been posted as it is currently out of my control and if there is any way that I could turn off this new feature, I would.



-- Robin

2 comments:

Bobkatt said...

I didn't hear anything about this new spam filter. How did you hear about it? I do know that I haven't received anymore Chinese comments anymore and that's a relief.

Robin said...

found out about it the hard way, when I was updating my template and saw this new setting.

nice of them to let us know.

and personally... I hate using the word verification thing but when I made the comment about California... I got 45 pieces of spam in the comments section.

But I tell you, that spam setting in the comments is a real pain.