Wednesday, September 01, 2010

I did something really stupid... can I sue somebody for not stopping me?

the Houston Chronicle --

the place, Dover New Hampshire high school.

A student got an a electrocuted in class so severely that his heart stopped is suing the teacher for not warning him of the consequences.

The student, Kyle Dubois [being the brainiac that he is] attached an electrical cord to his nipples and had another student plug-in the cord. [gosh, and guess what happened...]

The lawsuit claims that Dubois suffered permanent brain damage as a result from the incident.

if you ask me, the brain damage happened way before this incident.

But then again, the MTV cartoon show, Beavis & Butthead had to place a disclaimer at the beginning of their shows...
"Beavis and Butt-head are not role models. They're not even human, they're cartoons. Some of the things they do could cause a person to get hurt, expelled, arrested, possibly deported. To put it another way: Don't try this at home."Wikipedia

because yes, there were some kids that were trying to mimic some of the things that this cartoon show did.

and it really makes me wonder, because I grew up with Yogi bear... and I never had the urge to steal picnic baskets.

No comments: