Thursday, November 23, 2006

Companies that use cheap, illegal alien labor as a business model should be on notice

ICE--

40 illegal aliens working on a construction site were arrested Tuesday in Palm Coast Florida by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement special agents. Three of those arrested reentered the country after being deported. Reentry after deportation is a prosecutable felony offense that carries a possible 25-year prison sentence.

“Companies that use cheap, illegal alien labor as a business model should be on notice,” said Robert W. Weber, special agent-in-charge in Tampa. “ICE is dramatically enhancing its enforcement efforts against illegal employment schemes."


The enforcement, part of the secure border initiative (SBI) was launched by the Department of Homeland security to secure America's borders and reduce illegal immigration, which includes enhanced worksite enforcement investigations and intensified efforts to track down and remove illegal aliens inside this country.

5 comments:

Bobkatt said...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING.
"When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the morning light, for your life and strength. Give thanks for your food, and the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies with yourself." Tecumseh, Shawnee Chief.

Robin said...

agreed - I give thanks every day

Anonymous said...

Cool! Score 1 for the good guys!

Anonymous said...

Nice that they can enforce *something* ... too bad I couldn't get anyone to listen to me when I tried to let them know that someone was trying to use my address (nearly 8 years there) for their immigration fraud. Nope...I couldn't get *anyone* to listen.

I guess they just pick and choose how they want to enforce immigration laws. Now, if I told someone I was employing illegals at my residence, maybe then I could get someone to give me the time of day. ... yeah right.

Anonymous said...

And now we have to pay for their up-keep in prison for 25 years. Where is the up side? I didn't see if anything was done to the buniness that hired them? As long as someone hires them, without punishment, the problem will continue.