Tuesday, October 31, 2006

TV game show host Bob Barker to retire after 50 years on television

Seattlepi.com--

Bob Barker, star of the "Price Is Right" will be retiring in June after 35 years as the host of the show. Barker, who will be 83 years old on December 12 said "and I've decided to retire while I'm still young."
" "I'm just reaching the age where the constant effort to be there and do the show physically is a lot for me," Barker said. "I might be able to do the show another year, but better (to leave) a year too soon than a year too late." "

Barker who began his national television career in 1956 as the host of "Truth or Consequences" first appeared on the Price Is Right on September 4, 1972.

CBS is planning a primetime special celebrating Barker's five decades on television.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder how long it will take for someone to make a movie about his life and his 'beauties'? He had a rep for being a womanizer. Should make a good movie of the week. ha-ha.

Anonymous said...

Come on down! You could be the next emcee on....
I wonder if the show will fall off without him?

Anonymous said...

they might have a contest like those reality shows.