Saturday, April 22, 2006

is this even an issue?

the other day when I was on my way to class, I sometimes cut through the Center for Media and Learning which is located on the lower floor of Building 19, which is also the same floor that my CIT classes are located on.

as I was getting ready to enter the building, I was surprised by a sign that was placed on the window next to the front door

it was a public notice that LCC was applying for a liquor license for the center.[someday I need to get a cell phone with a camera]
I thought this was kind of odd, because I thought alcohol was not allowed on campus and especially, when you have a large population of minors on campus.

I could be wrong... yes, it does happen

and this could totally be a nonissue.

I just thought it was unusual.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would assume (and you know what happens when that word comes into play) that it is only for conventions they hold in the center. It is another way to make money since they are suffering from budget shortfall. I would like to point out that last year a law was proposed to allow concealed weapons on campus, too. I can legally do so, but would NEVER bring a weapon to school. College students are one of the most stressed out group of people on the planet. Right up there with air-traffic contolers and stock brokers. Now they want to add alcohol to the mix. Should make for an interesting cocktail.