Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A little fun stuff for a change


A friend sent me this so I thought i'd share.

These people vote....

Some guy bought a new fridge for his house. To get rid of his old
fridge, he put it in his front yard and hung a sign on it saying, "Free
to good home. You want it, you take it". For three days the fridge sat
there without even one person looking twice at it. He eventually
decided that people were too un-trusting of this deal. It looked to
good to be true, so he changed the sign to read, "Fridge for sale $50". The next day someone stole it. Caution! These people Vote
=======

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real estate agent which direction was North because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, "Does the sun rise in the North?" When my brother explained that the sun rises in the East, and has for sometime, she shook her head and said, "Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff"... She ALSO votes!
==========

I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call center. One day I got a call from an individual who asked what hours the call center was open. I told him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or Pacific time?" Wanting to end the call quickly, I said, "Uh, Pacific!" He ALSO votes!
==========

My colleague and I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria, when we
overheard one of the administrative assistants talking about the
sunburn she got on her weekend drive to the shore. She drove down in a convertible, but "didn't think she'd get sunburned because the car was moving". She ALSO votes!
==========

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car. It's designed to cut
through a seat belt if she gets trapped. She keeps it in the trunk. My
sister ALSO votes!
==========

My friends and I were on a beer run and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party! , we bou ght 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount. He ALSO votes!
==========

I was hanging out with a friend when we saw a woman with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain. My friend said, "Wouldn't the chain rip out every time she turned her head?" I explained that a person's nose and ear remain the same distance apart no matter which way the head is turned. My friend ALSO votes!
=========

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area. So I went to
the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never
showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a
trained professional and I was in good hands. "Now," she asked me, "has your plane arrived yet?" SHE ALSO votes!

8 comments:

Jim in KFalls said...

Robin,
Have you visted OMSI recently - if so, could you please e-mail me? My e-mail went out on Gully's last Atkinston Bloggers e-mail. I am Jim in KFalls.

I need to know if I'm right about something.

Robin said...

Hi Jim, I have not been to OMSi gads in decades. in fact I did not know if there were still there.

you can reach me at R o b I n s b l o g @ h o t m a I l . c o m or

if you wish

Anonymous said...

I vote, and I am NOT voting for Atkinson. But all the illegal aliens he would give amnesty to could potentially start voting. that's right: today on Lars, Atkinson came out and abandoned everything he said he stood for and now supports amnesty for illegal aliens when they cross the border to steal our jobs. this is the man you are so gung ho about? of the three GOP candidates, only Ron Saxton sounds like he really wants to crack down on illegal immigration.

Robin said...

Thanks Anon,

I thought that I'd was being left out.

Jim in KFalls said...

Anonymous - Please head over to NWRepublican and view the post that comes from Atkinson's campaign manager. Lars has a nack for holding people's feet to the fire and occasionally, as he also did with Mannix last week, starts jumping the gun a little bit without listening to the whole discussion. I have had e-mail conversations and have laid out sound mathmatics and shown statistical information, but there are times that when Lars forms an opinion, it is very hard to change it.

Jim in KFalls said...

Robin,
I visited OMSI earlier this week as a chapperone for my son's 5th grade class field trip. Having never been to OMSI I was unprepared for the dead baby exhibit. I vented some of my thoughts on my blog, but I wanted to know if you thought it would be worthwhile to make a bigger issue of it?

Robin said...

Ouch. dead baby exhibit? Could you elaborate a little about their exhibit.

on the surface, depending on what they are trying to promote or prove, without knowing a little bit more detail it is a tough call. However, if you feel strongly about it it never hurts to put it out there for general discussion and get people's feedback on it.

sometimes you never know, what seems so innocent at the time could in reality be a big story.

and a quick note about the comment from Senator Atkinson on Lars Larson today.

I will admit that from what I am hearing through the e-mail traffic that I am shocked that Senator Atkinson is willing to support President Bush's guest worker program.

As Lars put it in perspective, guest worker = amnesty.

The other issue that the White House and government does not seem to get, is that they are promoting that Americans are lazy. "Illegal aliens do the jobs that Americans won't do."

this is BS.

Granted, our government with the help of special interest has passed some laws that hurt farmers. One of those being the child labor laws preventing our children from making extra money by working in the fields. I did that as a kid, picked strawberries, beans and cut rhubarb.

And if I have to as a 49-year-old, I'll go back and pick strawberries again if I need some extra money. It is not beneath me to work a low income job to feed my family.

All these homeless people that I see on the street begging for handouts... why can't they also help out in the fields.

I'll tell you why... it is just like during the Depression, we had something called the CCC. this program was designed during the Depression were family members would work to send money home. they built roads and rail roads, etc.now I am not a history major, so please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that this was later deemed unconstitutional.

I could ramble on for another hour, but instead, I'll open this up as a topic later on on the main page.

Jim in KFalls said...

The CCC program would make for an interesting topic – even an “investigative report by John Stossel” type thing – Someone could visit Dignity Village and see if they could get some bums to work on the railroad or help clean up the highways around oregon.

As for the Illegal Immigration issue and Jason's comments yesterday, I am at a disadvantage - My local radio station is on the fritz so I missed Lars's show yesterday. I reacted to Anonymous's post based on the readings at NWRepublican. After trudging through 70 e-mail last night I see Lars's point. I hope that Jason comes out with some hard line answers to clarify his position on this issue. If he is going to support the "Guest Worker Program" then he needs to explain why and how.

As for the dead baby exhibit, OMSI has an exhibit in their life science hall, along with 20+ exhibits geared for children, that shows the development of a baby using samples of tissue collected from various medical hospitals. Samples range from 1-2 weeks old, the zygote stage, through 40 weeks. Some samples contain parts from the mother’s womb showing where the cord attaches. The image I attached to my blog entry says what is included in the exhibit. The upfront goal of the exhibit, in my opinion, is to show the process of fetal development. However this could have been achieved simply by showing pictures or models. You know, like what a gynecologist has in his office.

What disturbs me, and what I feel the underlying goal of the exhibit is, is to show that prior to birth, babies are nothing more than tissue samples. What struck me the most was seeing one baby with hair and fingernails sucking his thumb curled up in a glass jar with pins sticking in his back to support him. I don't understand how a person could let someone do that to their baby. If it were my baby, I would have buried him.

But back to the exhibit itself - it is literally stuck in a room with exhibits for kids. We as parents were not told of what the exhibit was until we read the signs on the exhibit itself. I personally went in and started looking and did a "double-take" after I looked at one of the glass cases. I didn't know they were real until I read the signs and talked to another parent. At that point the morbidity of the exhibit hit me, but unfortunately my son was already in the room - so I had to explain what was going on to him. The kids are in 5th grade. Once it became known that the exhibit contained real babies it was a mass flock to see it - sensationalism. What I find even more deplorable is that we had to sleep in the same room as the exhibit, and some of the children decided to sleep in the exhibit. (just plain weird).

So when I use the words "Dead babies on display" I really mean, dead babies on display.

I took a picture only because I was pissed off at the time and am not sure how I want to handle it – if you want an idea of what I’m talking about I’ll be glad to share the picture with you. I’ve thought about e-mailing Lars with my comments, but I can’t help but wonder if other people are outraged by the exhibit. For those people who have strong religious beliefs they will most likely be shocked that this exhibit exists, but for those who support abortion – I don’t think they would bat and eye.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.