Thursday, June 16, 2005

Spanish being encouraged in 4J school?

as I was reading other blogs, and following up on stories, I came across this little posting from the 4J school district....Link
"...Seventh grade is an optimal year for beginning foreign language study in that two years of middle level French or Spanish is equivalent to a full year at the high school level...."

Perhaps I am reading this wrong, or I am being overly sensitive to the issue because of the way that we seem to be bending over backwards for illegals and trying to accommodate them instead of them accommodating us language wise.

Perhaps, if I want to learn Spanish, I should do it because "I want to", not because "I have" to to survive in my own English-speaking country.

on the other hand, perhaps times are changing and it is time to adjust.
That is what gets confusing anymore, not knowing what is right or wrong regarding this issue.

No comments: